If you have been playing too much at online casinos, you need to make sure that you are not going overboard with your money. This is especially true if you are worried that you may have a gambling addiction problem. Hopefully, you can get things straightened out before they get too bad, although you must be able to identify the signs associated with gambling addiction.
An addition, of course, is a psychological craze and dependence towards something. People can become addicted to online gambling just as they can alcohol or food. If you have been depending on internet casino games to provide you with happiness, then you are probably experiencing some level of an addiction. This type of addiction can be hard to identify, though, but you need to know how to recognize it and what to do if you think you have it.
Here is a list of questions you need to ask yourself in order to determine if you have an addiction:
* Did you ever lose time from school or work because of your online casino playing?
* How is your home life? Is your spouse upset about your gambling? Are your parents worried you will try borrowing money from them?
* Have you ever resorted to borrowing money due to your gambling habits?
* Have you ever felt any level of guilt or remorse after gambling?
* Do you allow losses to frustrate and anger you to the point where you cannot think straight?
* Do you get so excited every time you win that you immediately return back for more?
* Do you feel reluctant to use your “gambling money” on anything other than gambling?
* Do you ever spend all your money in just one game or series of games?
* Have you ever gambled as a way to take your mind off of things?
* Do you have trouble paying bills because you spend all your money at online casinos?
* Have you ever thought about stealing in order to finance your habit?
* Do you gamble when you should be sleeping, working, or spending time with your family?
* Have you ever tried chasing your losses in order to recoup, only to lose even more money?
* Have you ever had to lie about why you don’t have any money?
If you said “yes” to at least five of these questions, then you are in danger of developing a gambling addiction, if you do not have one already. Before you get too upset, know that there are support groups available. You are not alone, as many other online casino players are going through this as well.
One thing you should never, ever do is lie to your family about your habits. They will find out eventually, and the more lies you tell, the harder it will be to settle things in the future. Be honest now, while you still can, and do not put everything off until your relationship with others is strained or even over. Indeed, a gambling addiction can lead to financial problems, ruin, and relationship troubles. Make sure you get the support from your loved ones now before it is too late.
It is possible to gamble safely, you may just need to learn how to do it.
By Sydney Jones
Find yourself a little insight about an online gambling study conducted by Harvard. There are sites that will help you get help if you need it, such as Bwin.