Over many generations, horse racing was referred to as ‘the sport of kings’. Here are the top ten reasons why poker is considered the new sport of kings for the twenty-first century.
1. Anyone can learn poker. It is said of poker that it takes ‘a minute to learn but a lifetime to master’. Anybody can sit in to a game of poker just minutes after learning the game. It may take you a little longer to make your first million from it though.
2. Poker isn’t just one game. Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Razz, and five card stud are just some of the many different versions of poker, each with its own set of rules. You will find one that suits your particular talents and abilities.
3. Poker is a worldwide phenomenon Regardless of which continent, country or local town you are from, you will find poker played at a venue near you, whether that is Las Vegas (U.S.), or Macau (Asia), or your local casino or card club.
4. Poker on the internet. Large, well-established companies like ‘Poker Stars’ and ‘Full Tilt’ have tens of thousands of players sitting at online tables playing with real money every second of every day.
5. Poker can make you seriously rich. The aptly named ‘Chris Moneymaker’ entered a satellite (a poker tournament where the prizes are entry into larger, more valuable, tournaments) and ended up winning the World Series of Poker championship. Can there be an easier way to turn two dollars into two million dollars?
6. Poker is a very social game If you’re more interested in making friends or just having a good night out, what better way to meet up and have a laugh than sitting around a table having a friendly game.
7. Poker is a much written about topic. With very little effort you can get tips from world class players to help you improve your game via books and the internet.
8. Poker to suit your pocket. The amount you want to invest in poker is completely up to you. If you want to sit into a five dollar tournament, you can, or if you want to sit into a five thousand dollar tournament, you can do that too!
9. Poker is fun, Life is tough, right? Poker challenges your brain, makes you think and rewards you for the time you spend improving yourself, while at the same time giving you the thrill of making correct decisions and winning pots.
10. Poker is the future Yes, maybe we’re a bit biased, but tens of millions of people around the world play poker at least once a week. Poker is everywhere, online, on television, in your local card club. You too can win at the new sport of kings.
Start playing online poker now.
Written by Lucy