Limits have been set to poker games to control the amount of money that can be bet during a hand of poker. Poker limits are not constant and differ from game to game, but are definitely present in the available forms of poker. Be it Texas or Omaha Holdem or may be 7-card Stud or Draw or any other type of poker comes with a available limit. All the same, the betting limits vary from one institution to another. Majority of the establishments offer a wide range of pokering limits varying from low limit ones to higher ones from where one can chose. It doesn’t matter from where you are playing the game, be it online or in a casino, one should be very clear about the limits.
– The most common type of poker game limit is the fixed poker limit. In a fixed limit poker, a bet is preliminarily set. The games are described as $x/$y, where ‘x’ is the lower amount while ‘y’ is the higher amount. The lower and the higher amounts become the minimum bet for the beginning and earlier rounds respectively of the same poker hand.
– Another common poker limit is the spread poker limit. Spread limit of poker offers a range to bet from. This type of poker game is described as: $x to $y. Poker players who playing the spread limit poker have the benefit of placing any bet in the amount from x to y during any time throughout the poker round.
– Half-pot limit is not so famous a poker game in America but is hugely played in and around Europe. It is quite similar to pot limit except that the betting amount cannot be more than the total amount that is present in the pot during any betting round.
– Advanced poker players prefer Pot limit because it provides high poker limits and thus making it more enjoyable. When someone plays this type of a limit poker game, the person has an option of betting any amount starting from the blind bet up to the total amount that is present in the pot during any betting round.
– All the same, the highest limit has no bounds in poker. Because players here have the option of choosing a bet of any amount starting from the blind bet up to the total amount that is present in the pot which is present at the poker table. And this practice can be done during any time in any of the betting rounds.
By Pankaj Gupta
Pankaj Gupta is a Online Gambling Writer that provides tips for
poker betting and provides winning
poker strategy as well.