In this time and age poker is one of the most famous played card games around the world. However, poker was not always a popular game. In fact, over two centuries ago poker was a game played by cheats, outlaws, and knife-makers to win fast easy money. However, whenever this people played poker, they made sure to play with their backs to the wall and their weapons close by, just in case their was a problem and they needed to escape from being robed, beaten, or worse. Today, poker is not as wild as in the old days; in fact today you can play poker in the comfort of your home. (All you need is a computer with internet access and you are set to go.) Therefore, let’s take a look at some important facts you need to know when you are playing poker.
1. Over the years poker has become so popular that their have been several variations of poker invented. They include, but are not limited to Omaha hold’em, Texas hold’em, five card stud, seven card stud, joker poker, let it ride and let it ride bonus, Vegas double action, Caribbean stud poker, pineapple hold’em high poker, pineapple hold’em high-low split, and crazy pineapple hold’em high-low split.
2. Although poker has many variations to play, you will usually need a four-suit-fifty-two card deck. However, sometimes you will need to add or decrease the amount of cards depending on the poker game you are playing.
3. Most poker card games can be won with ten different poker hands. The ten winning poker hands are royal straight flush, four of a kind, full house, flush, straight flush, three of a kind, two pair, one pair, and high card. However, keep in mind that some wining card hands are better than others.
4. When you are playing with friends and family for fun, you may alter the rules of poker to your liking. However, when money is involved in a poker game you must abide by the rules.
5. When you gamble in a game of poker, weather offline or online, you will use poker chips. Each poker chip has a color that signifies a specific amount of money. The most common chips are whit poker chips which represent one dollar, red poker chips which represent five dollars, green poker chips which represent twenty-five dollars and black poker chips which represent a hundred dollars. However, keep in mind that the value of poker chips may vary depending on where you play, and who you play with.
If you keep these poker facts in your head, poker will be easier to play, especially if you are a beginner. (Keep in mind, that there are various places you can polish your poker skill online if you are a beginner.) Although the rules of poker may seem complicated at first, the more you play the faster you will feel at ease with poker. Therefore, now that you know some important facts you need to know when you are playing poker, gather your friend and let’s play some poker!!!
By Ryan Pauline
Are you looking for the best deals on poker chip sets? Visit http://www.suckerforpoker.com/poker-chip-sets.html today for more information!