Gambling takes countless different forms. Even bingo and the lotto can be named as gambling. And though these two forms are not usually a problem, different types of gambling can become extremely addictive. And once you become dependent on gambling, your complete life can be effected for a while. In can put you deep in debt as well as have an affect on your relationship with family and friends.
Many times when someone gets addicted to gambling, it changes his entire ability to address all eventualities. The gambler can grow to be daft, argumentative and unreasonable. To alleviate this position some variety of therapy is often required. But before any of this can occur, the gambler must first recognize that there is a problem. Gamblers secret has set down some guidelines to help identify someone with a gambling problem.
- Has your attendance at school or work suffered? If you are late or missing time in class or work, it might be a sign of a problem.
- Is your house life unhappy? If you bet, is it effecting your life at home?
- Has your reputation changed? Constant gambling could affect the way people look at you and think of you.
- Winning or Losing – are you feeling guilty? Whatever if you win or lose, you can feel guilty from gambling.
- Is gambling a source of mandatory income? Do you gamble to repay other bills? If so, it can lead to obsession.
- Is gambling monopolizing your personality? Are some of your good qualities like aspiration and efficiency being influenced due to your gambling?
- do you have the need to win back what you have lost? The sensation of getting back what you have lost could be a sign of gambling obsession.
- Does winning give rise to greed? If you win, are you wanting to gamble again to make even more?
- Do you know when to stop? Do you keep gambling till you are totally out of money or do you set a threshold. If you keep going, you might have a problem.
- Do you borrow from chums so you can gamble? If you keep losing, do you borrow cash from buddies and family so you can return to the table and bet some more?
- Are you selling private property to get gambling money? If you are selling stuff to finance your gambling, then possibilities are, you’ve got a problem.
- Are you isolating your gambling money? If you hesitate or refuse to use your gambling money for anything except gambling, this should be a particularly bad sign.
- Is your family less important to your gambling? If you are finding that you and your family are becoming secondary thoughts to gambling, then you are probably too far involved in this practice.
- Do you play past the point where you planned on stopping? experiencing problems stopping at any given time is a sign of a problem.
- Do you use gambling as an distraction? Is gambling your method of escaping from problems? If so, it could be time to bring to a halt.
- Have you considered criminal activity as a means of financing gambling?
If you have, then gambling has become a problem.
- Are you having trouble sleeping? this is caused by an increased level of gambling.
- Do outside influences force you to gamble? Things taking place in your life can drive you to bet in order to overlook them.
- Do you celebrate events by gambling? Do you use gambling as a means of celebration?
- Have you thought of suicide due to your gambling? The contemplation of suicide is a sign of a significant problem.
If you’re a gambler with an issue, then you almost certainly answered’yes’ to 7 of these points. Here are some suggestions to help get out of that gambling rut.
- Only take a stated amount of cash with you to gamble
- Leave visa cards and the debit card at home.
- Have a stern cutoff point to how long you’ll play
- keep in mind that losing is much more likely than winning
- Don’t use any winnings to gamble even more.
- If you run out of cash, go back home – don’t keep gambling.
- Take someone with you who will be a sort of delegated driver to help you give up when you should.
Read more about gambling articles at the Casino Gamblers Guide online casino bonus guide for more online gambling information and the hottest casino bonus offers.
By Neil Audi
Passing comment on casino gambling industry.