Whether you are playing in a casino or online, craps is one of the most interesting games you will find as it offers a variety of bets.
While basic craps involves the simplicity of the pass/don’t pass bets, where players essentially have a basic understanding of the wager, there are many more bets than can be played.
If you are playing online, you should try some free play to get the hang of these wagers. Then perhaps use your microgaming bonuses available from sign up to play for real money and try some of these more intricate wagers.
A list of some of the advanced wagers:
1) Come bet: This bet is just like the pass line bet, only it can be made at any time. And just like the pass bet, you can bet on the odds if a point is made on your first roll after the bet. This is a great bet for players who like action and can get a new bet out on the pass or come line every roll.
2) Don’t come: The opposite of a come bet and the same as a don’t pass bet that is made on a roll that is not a come-out roll.
3) Place bets: A place bet is one made on the -place- numbers – 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 10. The player can bet on any of these numbers, and if they are rolled before a seven, the player wins. These are like odds bets, only with no pass line. The payoff, however, is not as good.
4) Buy bets: Similar to the place bets in that you are betting on the point rolls 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 with a different payoff from the place bet.
5) Hard ways: These bets are so named because it is the -hard way- to hit a number. A hard 6 bet, for example, would be betting that two threes are rolled before a seven, or any other way to roll a six (4/2, 5/1). You can also bet hard ways on 4, 8 and 10 with the same rule applying.
6) Lay bet: This is the opposite of the buy bet, in that you are betting that a seven will be rolled before whichever number you pick from the 4, 5, 6, 8, 8 or 10.
The house edge varies on all these bets and players should spend some time learning them before making wagers or you might watch your microgaming bonuses disappear fast.
There also proposition bets:
Crap 2: You are betting that a 2 will be thrown on the next roll.
1) Crap 3: Same thing with a 3.
2) 7: Same thing with a 7.
3) 11: Same thing with an 11.
4) 12: Same thing with a 12.
5) Any craps: Same bet with a 2, 3 or 12.
In general, these are to be avoided. The best bets in craps are still the basics, and if you want to make your microgaming bonus last, stick with those.